时间：2017-07-07 18:04:05本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系xuexila888@qq.com 世芳 我要投稿
1. The play begins at 6: 40 pm. So we have to be at the theatre ________ 6:30 pm at the latest.
A. after B. around C. until D. by
2. They held a ceremony ________ those killed in the battle.
A. in honor of B. instead of C. in favor of D. by means of
3. After finishing middle school, my sister did nothing ________ at home.
A. but to read B. but read C. besides reading D. except to read
4. Write your name and address on your bag ________ you lose it.
A. in any case B. in case C. in no case D. in that case
5. — ________ did the professor give you much advice?
— The choice of a career.
A. On what B. In what C. What D. For what
6. I made coat ________ my own hands. It was made ________ hand not with a machine.
A. in; in B. in; with C. with; by D. with; with
7. He is running ________ the wind towards the east of the station ________ Tom running ________ the right.
A. down; and; on B. against; with; on C. for; with; in D. with; while; to
8. Not all of us know the difference ________ wheat, oats and barley.
A. among B. between C. from D. in
9. The young singer is quite popular ________ the public. She’s made a remarkable achievement ________ a girl of her age.
A. with; to B. to; for C. with; for D. for; to
10. The apple trees have lots of big apples ________ them. And some birds are singing ________ the trees.
A. in; on B. at; in C. on; in D. with; through
11. That woman will quarrel ________ everybody ________ anything.
A. about; about B. about; with C. with; about D. with; with
12. The weather this month has been good ________ .
A. on the whole B. generally speaking C. above all D. on one hand
13. We should divide all the potatoes ________ two piles and separated the good ones ________ the bad ones.
A. from; by B. into; from C. into; into D. from; into
14. They said the building would be completed ________ a year.
A. after B. for C. in D. about
15. — These boxes are too heavy for me to carry.
— Here, I’ll give you a hand ________ them.
A. for B. to C. with D. by
1. D。从“戏剧在下午6:40开始”可知到达剧院的时间最迟不应晚于6:30。A项表示“下午6:30后到剧院”，C项表示“在剧院呆到下午6:30为止”，均不合题意。B项干扰性最强，around意为“左右，大约”, 但在6:30 pm后有at the latest“最晚”,二者相矛盾。C项by是not later than(不迟于)之意，整合题意。
2. A。in honour of意为“为庆祝(为向. . . 表示敬意,为纪念”;instead of意为“代替; 而不是”;in favor of意为“赞成;支持”;by means of意为“通过; 用; 借助于”。根据句意“他们举行了纪念阵亡战士的仪式”可知答案为A(from www.yygrammar.com)。
3. B。but, except 和besides都有“除…之外”的意思，但没有”，相当于not including. 另外，but后面可接不定式to do,但如果but前面有实义动词dbesides是“除…之外，还”的意思，等于in addition to; 而except, but 是“除…之外， o的任何形式，不定式省略to。
4. B。in any case意为“在任何情况下”;in case意为“以防万一，如果”;in no case意为“决不”;in that case意为“如果那样的话”。句意为“在你的包上写上名字和地址以防丢失”。
6. C。by hand意为“用手工”;with“用”, 表示使用的工具, 手段，如He hit it with a hammer.
7. B。against the wind“逆风”;on the right意为“在后边”;介词with与一个复合结构构成短语，用作状语，说明状态、方式等。
8. B。一般说来，between用于两者之间，among表示三者和三者以上之间。但有时说的虽然是三个以上的人或东西，如果强调的是两两相互间的关系，适用于between. 如：The soldier is hidden between the trees. 在谈论事物间的差别时总是用between.
9. C。词组be popular with意为“受…欢迎”，for“就…而论，比较…而言”。
10. C。介词on意为“在…之上，依附于”;in意为“(表场所，位置)在……之内 / 上”in the tree 译为“在树上”。
11. C。quarrel with sb. about / over意为“和某人争论某事”。句意为“那个女人无论碰到什么事儿, 总是和别人争吵不休”。
12. A。on the whole意为“总的来说;从总体上看”;generally speaking“一般说来”;above all意为“首先，最重要的”;on one hand意为“一方面”。句意为“这个月的天气基本上是好的” (fromwww.yygrammar.com)。
14. C。in, after这两个介词都可以用来表达“在若干时间之后”。in 可以用于将来时态或一般过去时态的句子中;after 用于一般过去时，如果表示某时刻之后或某件事之后，则不受时态的限制。
15. C。答语中的them指前一句的boxes。Give sb. a hand with sth. / in(at) doing sth. 意为“帮助某人做某事”。
1. I told Sally how to get here, but perhaps I_______ for her. A. had to write it out B. must have written it out C. should have written it out D. ought to write it out
2. —There were already five people in the car butthey managed to take me as well. —It _______ a comfortable journey. A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been
3. It’s nearly seven o’clock. Jack _______ be here at any moment. A. must B. need C. should D. can
4. Johnny, you _______ play with the knife, you _______ hurt yourself. A. won’t; can’t B. mustn’t; may C. shouldn’t; must D. can’t; shouldn’t
5. The fire spread through the hotel very
quickly but everyone _______ get out. A. had to B. would C. could D. was able to 6. —When can I come for the photos? I need them tomorrow afternoon. —They _______ be ready by 12:00. A. can B. should C. might D. need
7. —I stayed at a hotel while in New York. —Oh, did you? You _______ with Barbara. A. could have stayed B. could stay C. would stay D. must have stayed
8. —Are you coming to Jeff’s party? —I’m not sure. I _______ go to the concert instead. A. must B. would C. should D. might
9. I was really anxious about you. You _______ home without a word. A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. couldn’t have left D. needn’t leave
10. —Is John coming by train? —He should, but he _______ not. He likes driving his car. A. must B. can C. need D. may
11. A left-luggage office is a place where bags _______ be left for a short time, especially at arailway station. A. should B. can C. must D. will
12. I wonder how he _______ that to the teacher. A. dare to say B. dare saying C. not dare say D. dared say
13. When he was there, he _______ go to that coffee shop at the corner after work every day. A. would B. should C. had better D. might
14. It has been announced that candidates _______ remain in their seats until all the papershave been collected. A. can B. will C. may D. shall
15. How _______ you say that you really understand the whole story if you have covered onlya part of the article? A. can B. must C. need D. may
1. C。“ought to / should have+过去分词”表示后悔当初该做但却没做某事。“…也许我本该把详细地址写给她的。”
2. D。“couldn’t have+过去分词”表示对过去情况的推测。既然小汽车上“已有五人”，且是“设法”才把你带去的，如此拥挤，旅途当然“不可能”舒服。
3. C。nearly 暗示“时间不早了”，Jack“按理应当(should)随时(at any moment)”都有可能到达这里。must 语气过强;can 一般不用于肯定推测;need 意义不通，也不用于肯定句。
4. B。mustn’t(不许、千万不)表示禁止。may 表示可能性。句意为“你千万不要玩刀子，可能会弄伤自己的”。
5. D。表示过去具体某次“能够”做成某事只能用 was / were able to 而不用could。
6. B。should 表示按理应当，大概。can 一般不用于肯定推测;用 might 语气太不肯定，顾客可能走掉。
7. A。could have done 表示本可以做但却没有做的事。句意为“你本来可以住在 Barbara 那儿的”;而 must have done 只表示有把握的肯定推测，这与前面具有疑问语气的 Oh, did you?不符。
10. D。由“他自己喜欢开车”这一习惯推断，“他可能不会(may not)坐火车来”。can not“不可能”，语气太肯定。
11. B。can 表示“可以”。should(应该), must(必须), will(愿意)均不符合语境。
12. D。dare 作行为动词时,一般接 to do，但疑问式或否定式中 to 可以省略，此句有疑问口气。
13. A。would 表示过去的习惯。
15. A。can 在疑问句中，表示疑惑、怀疑，根据情况可译作“能、可以”等。
1. Norway is one of ________ European countrieswith a large land area than Britain, Ireland or Italy.
A. as big B. the biggest C. so big D. the bigger
2. Five of Henry’s children were at the weddingparty, including ________ , Daniel.
A. an oldest one B. the oldest one C. the old one D. an old one
3. —Can Li Hua help me with my English?
—I regret to tell you her English is ________ yours.
A. as good as B. no more than C. not better than D. as much as
4. I can’t pay ________ as he asked for.
A. a as high price B. as a high price C. as high price D. as high a price
5. —Are you satisfied with Jack’s job?
—Not in the least. It couldn’t be ________ .
A. so bad B. any worse C. much better D. the best
6. — What does the model plane look like?
—Well, the wings of the plane are ________ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
7. It was ________ that both my son and my daughter couldn’t put it down.
A. such interesting a book B. so interesting a book
C. a such interesting book D. so an interesting book
8. Miss Langham arm in arm with Mr Peabody —— ________ sight!
A. how astonishing a B. so an astonishing
C. what astonishing a D. such an astonishing
9. During the ________ , he enjoyed a good primary education.
A. first few happy years abroad B. first happy few years abroad
C. happy first few abroad years D. first abroad few happy years
10. In the 27 th Olympic Games, Liu Hongyu was supposed to win the gold medal in jogging;she failed to, ________ .
A. yet B. though C. although D. anyway
12. Don’t worry about me. I’ll forget it ________ .
A. for long B. sooner C. any longer D. in time
13. —Would you like some wine?
—I don’t drink wine as a rule, but I don’t mind a glass ________ .
A. at any time B. once in a while C. more or less D. all the time
14. —Do you think the weather is good enough for a camp?
—You couldn’t hope for ________ at this time of the year.
A. a nice day B. the nice day C. a nicer day D. the nicest day
15. The guests are ________ friends of the film star.
A. mostly B. almost C. at most D. most of all
1. D. than是解题的关键词，即有than必用比较级。
2. B. 由five可知要用最高级，最高级前面用the。
3. C. 句意为“我遗憾地告诉你，她的英语不如你的好”。
4. D. 在as…as中，第一个as是副词，后面一定是先接形容词，再接名词，即：as +adj. +n. +as，故选D。
5. B. 由not in the least(一点也不满意)可知，“再也没有做得(比他的)更差的了”。
6. C. 考查倍数表达法：①倍数+as…as…②倍数+比较级+than…③倍数+the+名词(size, length, width, height等)+of…。选项中more than是最大的干扰项，more than twice(=over twice)意为“两倍多”。
7. B. so interesting a book =such an interesting book请注意冠词的位置。
8. A. 根据后面的标点“!”，可排除B和D;注意：how astonishing a sight=what an astonishing sight.
9. A. 词序题。副词abroad只能放在所修饰的名词后面，排除C和D。又根据“限定语(冠词、指示代词、物主代词、序数词、基数词、few, less, several等某些量词)+形容词(描绘、大小、形状、年龄新旧、颜色、国籍或产地、物质材料、用途)+名词”可排除B，因为限定词few应放在形容词happy之前。
10. B. though既可作连词，可与although可互换;也可作副词，位于句子末尾，此时，不能用although。yet也可表示“但是”，但不位于句末。anyway=anyhow意为“无论如何、不管怎样”。
11. D. else常放在疑问词(如what, who, how等)或者复合不定代词(如someone, nothing, everybody等)后面;其所有格总是else’s。又如：That must be somebody else’s coat; it isn’t mine.
12. D. 本题中的in time不是“及时”之意，而是“迟早、终究(=sooner or later)”之意。
13. B. once in a while(=occasionally偶尔)与as a rule(=usually, in most cases通常、在多数情况下)相对。
14. C. 因为否定词can’t与比较级连用，表示最高级含义。
15. A. 因为mostly“多半 (是)”;almost“几乎、差不多”;at most“至多”。